Moor House School
Moor House School & College is a highly specialist educational placement which provides individualised, targeted, and specialist education to a specific population of children who have significant and pervasive language disorders and/or speech disorders with average learning potential. The School therefore meets the needs of a discrete pupil population and undertakes very careful and detailed assessment before offering any pupil a place.
We are currently accepting and assessing applications for Year 7 starting September 2021/22
If your child, or a student you work with, has difficulties developing, understanding and using language which impacts upon their learning and socialisation then Moor House may be an appropriate school for them.
Moor House may be the right place for a student if:
- The student is between the ages of 7 and 19
- The student has persisting difficulties in the areas of speech, language and/ communication; and
- Speech and language difficulties are the student’s primary barrier to learning and the development of life and social skills.
Please contact our Admissions team on 01883 712271 (extension 1) or complete our admissions enquiry form and we will be in touch. At this stage it is helpful for you to send us your child’s most recent, Educational Health Care Plan, Educational Psychology report and Speech & Language Therapy Assessment report, if possible. You may also like to sign up to a parent tour or open day by phoning us or filling the in the form.
Once we have discussed your child’s needs with you and received your child’s documents we will make a decision to invite your child for an assessment if we feel that we are likely to be able to meet their needs.
Our Pre Admission Assessment usually takes two days, following which you will receive:
- Clinical feedback including an explanation of formal assessments and the predicted content of the assessment report; and
- A comprehensive multidisciplinary detailed report including recommendations for educational provision.
There is an assessment fee of £1,250. If you have difficulty meeting the cost of the assessment please request a form for Financial Assistance.