Developmental Language Disorder (DLD), a subset of SLCN, is the term used to diagnose children when they fail to acquire their own language for no obvious reason.
The Moor House Research & Training Institute is offering new courses designed to help schools and teachers support pupils with DLD.
2 children in every classroom of 30 will experience DLD severe enough to hinder academic progress
Norbury et al, 2016
We offer the following courses:
DLD - What every class teacher needs to know! - FREE ONLINE
- Our introduction to DLD with Sue Marr, Specialist Teacher (SLCN) and Moor House Research and Training Institute Trainer.
Click here to access this training FREE.
DLD - Supporting children and young people in the classroom
- Following on from our introduction 'DLD - What every class teacher needs to know!' this training covers how to support pupils with DLD in the classroom and identifying strategies and resources that can be used by teachers and teaching assistants.
Thank you from us for the great training. All the staff were talking about it afterwards and found it really useful looking at the different strategies to use. Staff really enjoyed your personal examples as you made it 'real' and not theoretical. You spoke from the heart and the passion and enthusiasm for DLD is very obvious to hear and see.
Headteacher, Tandridge Infant school, 2020
We are taking bookings for INSET and CPD training for this course from September 2020. For more information and pricing please call 01883 712271 or email us.
Half day course: Specific Difficulties
- Developmental Language Disorder (DLD) - What every class teacher needs to know!
- How to support pupils with DLD in the classroom - identifying strategies and resources that can be used by teachers and teaching assistants.
- Exploring activities that can be used in class to support pupils who experience difficulties with word-finding, reading comprehension, narrative skills, vocabulary and word knowledge, grammar, phonological awareness and literacy skills.
Tutor: Sue Marr, Specialist Teacher (SLCN) & MHRTI Trainer
These courses are run by Sue Marr, a specialist SLCN teacher from Moor House. Sue has extensive knowledge of devising and delivering a mainstream curriculum that has been highly differentiated for the language needs of the pupils in her class. She has worked alongside speech and language therapists for many years, ensuring that speech therapy can be integrated using a range of specialist systems.
These courses can be tailored to meet the needs of your school or group. Schools can book half or full day courses delivered by a range of professionals including a specialist teacher (SLCN), highly specialist speech and language therapist and/or highly specialist occupational therapist.
For more information and pricing please call 01883 712271 or email us.